Choosing the Right Website Builder: Wix or Elementor in 2023 Click Here for The Best Elementor Add-ons
Find the Best Elementor Add-ons Upto 50% Off | Check out NOW
Choosing the Right Website Builder: Wix or Elementor in 2023
These two tools are similar in that you can use visual, drag-and-drop builders to set up your website, and they both come with pre-made templates, so you don’t have to start from scratch. You don’t need to know how to code with either tool to make a custom website design. So let us read more about Is Wix Better Than Elementor?.
How Elementor Work
Elementor is a plugin for the free WordPress software that lets you build pages. This means that comparing Elementor and Wix is the same as comparing WordPress and Wix.
Before you can use Elementor, you’ll need a WordPress site. I’ll talk more about this in the next section, but you can make that WordPress site in two ways:
- Use the cloud service Elementor Cloud. You sign up through Elementor, and Elementor will set up WordPress for you and host it. You can immediately start building. This is the way to use Elementor, which is most like Wix.
- Install WordPress on your website hosting. You’ll buy your web hosting and use your host’s tool to set up WordPress. Then, install the Elementor plugin on your WordPress site to add Elementor.
Once you’ve set up your site, you can design every component using Elementor’s visual interface. You could also make use of the power of WordPress themes.
Using a WordPress theme, you can set up your site’s basic layout (e.g., the header and footer). Then, you can use Elementor to style the rest of your content.
Since Elementor is based on WordPress, you can also use all of WordPress’s plugins, which are add-ons that make your site do new things.
You can find thousands of plugins that add features like forms, payments, SEO, performance optimization, and more. There are also third-party plugins that add to the main Elementor plugin.
Overall, building on the upper edge of WordPress has a lot of benefits when it comes to giving you more control over how your site looks. But compared to Wix, an Elementor site is a bit more complicated because it has more “moving parts.”
How Wix Work
Wix is a hosted SaaS (Software as a Service) website builder tool. It has some advantages and disadvantages compared to Elementor, which is based on open-source WordPress.
The main benefit of this SaaS model is that it makes it easier to make and keep up a website because Wix takes care of everything for you.
You don’t need your web hosting because you can sign up for a Wix account and start building. You also don’t have to keep software up to date or follow best practices for security.
When using a SaaS website builder, everything is taken care of for you in terms of basic maintenance. If you need to be more tech-savvy, this ease of use can be a strong selling point.
But the biggest problem with SaaS is that you have less freedom. You can only use the features that Wix gives you. You can’t go in and completely change things to fit your needs, as you can with just an open-source tool like Elementor that you host yourself.
Some users may need help to get Wix to do what they want, which could be frustrating.
Main Differences Between Elementor and Wix
- Elementor and Wix are two of the most well-known WordPress website builders:
They are the two most common ways to make a website. Between them, they have about 6.5 million websites that are up and running.
- New features released quickly
Both Elementor and Wix have been adding new features very quickly. They are obviously both trying to be the most popular website builder. Still, if one of them adds a feature that people like, it will be soon that the other one does the same.
- The main difference between Wix and Elementor
The annual subscription fee for Elementor is $49. This fee does not include hosting. For one website with hosting, Wix charges a monthly fee of $13 per month.
- Amazing templates
Wix has about 800 free layouts, and Elementor has more than 300. Even so, I’m sure you’ll find a beautiful one with either of them!
Pros and Cons of Elementor
- The consumer interface is simple to understand and use. It has blocks that are put together in a way that makes sense, which makes it easy to learn.
- Elementor makes it easy to make a website that looks great.
- Its mobile features are the same as those on a desktop, meaning the design can be the same on all devices.
- Even though Elementor has its own set of themes, it works well with any theme.
- Help can’t give you solutions that are tailored to your needs.
- Plugins from third-party sites could cause trouble.
- The library of blocks could be more impressive.
Pros & Cons of Wix
- Since Wix is an all-in-one platform, your site’s work is done there.
- You don’t care as much about the specifics.
- Help is quick to respond.
- You can make a website that looks professional in just a few minutes.
- Help can’t give you solutions that are tailored to your needs.
- There is no one-time price for them.
- Customer service could be better.
Pricing Differences Between Elementor and Wix
Let’s talk for a moment about prices. This could be the thing that makes the difference between Elementor and Wix.
If you decide to buy the full version of Elementor, you have 30 days to get your money back. The way Elementor prices its services is very different from the way Wix does.
Elementor has five different ways to pay for it:
- One website costs $49 per year.
- You can get three web pages for $89 per year.
- You can get 25 websites for $259 per year.
- You can get 100 websites for $349 per year.
- You can get 1000 web pages for $99 per year.
Price of Wix On Wix, prices work a little bit differently. They are made up of several levels, and each level adds more features. Depending on the project’s needs, you can choose several different plans. The best thing about how much Wix costs? Everything is free, from the domain name to the SSL certificate.
The four basic plans are as follows:
- Combo: For $13 per month, this option gives you free hosting, free domain name registration, and the removal of system ads. Thank God for professional blogs and portfolios.
- Unlimited: For $17 a month, you can use the internet as much as possible and have 10GB of storage space. Making a website for a small business is a good idea.
- Pro: For $22 per month, you can get Google Analytics built-in and $300 in coupons for advertising. This is a great choice for a business that is growing.
- VIP: It is a monthly plan that costs $39 and gives you a professional logo, better service, and more. This method works well for businesses that have been around for a while.
Conclusion – Choosing the Right Website Builder: Wix or Elementor in 2023
Wix is a great place to start, but once your site is up and running, you’ll want something like WordPress that gives you more freedom. If I had to choose between Wix and Elementor, which would I choose?
In that case, I’d choose Elementor because, among other things, it gives me the leeway of a WordPress site and lets me design with drag-and-drop. So this concludes the topic for Is Wix Better Than Elementor?.